Engineered Spray Solutions
Wastewater/Stormwater Infrastructure Rehabilitation and Protection
Engineered Spray Solutions (ESS) is a Florida General Contractor, specializing in spray-applied infrastructure rehabilitation and repair. ESS repairs and rehabilitates deteriorated water, wastewater, stormwater and chemical containment systems, and proactively protects them from corrosion and the rigors of hydrostatic loading. Our approach provides asset owners and engineers with solutions that reduce their asset lifecycle costs, and dramatically improve ROI on infrastructure rehabilitation investments.
ESS Structural Rehabilitation
Restoring the past with structural rehabilitation using the tested, trusted and proven solution of SprayWall by Sprayroq. Spraywall creates a standalone structure around or inside of the partially and fully deteriorated asset, using it as a physical form, but providing its own structural integrity. Our Sprayroq™ products have been used around the globe for more than 25 years, to bring failing infrastructure back into operation and extending its performance life for another 40 to 50 years. We employ Sprayroq Spraywall to restore structural integrity on wastewater, stormwater, and potable water assets, including:
- Lift Stations
- Wet Wells
- Reinforced Concrete Pipe (RCP)
- Corrugated Metal Pipe (CMP)
- Box Culverts
- In-Ground Storage Tanks
ESS Corrosion Protection
Preserving the present and protecting the future with proven, quality solutions to shield asset surfaces from the high costs of corrosion. We work with water and wastewater treatment facilities to protect their concrete process assets, including:
- Secondary Containment
- Filter Basins
- Stormwater Junction Boxes
- Storage Tanks
- Grit Chambers
- Aeration Basins
- Interior Treatment Plant Assets
- Influent Channels
- Equalization Basins
Trusted Products We Install
To provide longterm peace of mind for our customers, we rely on field-proven products from manufacturers with a commitment to premium quality performance, including:
Engineered Spray Solutions is the only Sprayroq Certified Partner in the states of Florida, Georgia and Tennessee. Our certification guarantees the highest level of training in the application methods and specification standards of the Sprayroq line of products, including:
- SprayWall® – Developed by Sprayroq, SprayWall is a durable, spray-applied, 100% VOC-free polyurethane coating that provides both structural enhancement and chemical resistance against all elements that eat away at underground structures. SprayWall is proven, long-term solution. Owing to its unique formula, cure begins in less than 30 seconds, after which the structure can be returned to service within moments.
- SprayShield Green 2 – A semi-rigid, bio-based, 100% solids polyurethane technology for preserving infrastructure and our environment. SprayShield Green 2 coating provides chemical resistance for concrete, steel, masonry, fiberglass and other surfaces in municipal, industrial, agricultural and maritime applications. Formulated for use in wastewater environments, its quick curing time allows newly protected structures to be returned to service immediately. Corrosion only protection. Above and below-grade infrastructure, except for areas with a high groundwater table.
- SR-6100 –Trowel-on only epoxy (unable to be sprayed). Structural capability with a flexural modulus of 1,400,000 psi. Can repair concrete substrates and provide high resistance to chemical attacks. Formulated for above- and below-grade infrastructure.
Induron Protective Coatings
- Mortarchem – A waterborne, cementitious ceramic epoxy overlay designed for large area resurfacing of eroded concrete, in preparation for the installation of an epoxy liner. Mortarchem is suitable for the re-lining of clarifiers, aeration basins, equalizations basins, chemical containment areas and other services where lined concrete in immersion needs to be re-lined. Available in Portland Cement grey color.
- Ceramasafe 90 Ceramic Epoxy – An ideal coating for top-coating a wide range of previously painted surfaces, with a proven 35-year track record of success in a user friendly, high solids epoxy, designed for corrosive environments. This high build, high performance coating is formulated for maximum corrosion protection of steel, non-ferrous metals and concrete substrates immersed in sewage, exposed to hydrogen sulfide gas or exposed to many acids, caustics and other corrosive chemicals.
- E-Bond 100 Penetrating Sealer – The perfect primer for concrete, masonry, and marginally prepared steel. This low viscosity, two-component epoxy is specially formulated to penetrate and seal concrete, masonry, rusted steel and most chalked coatings. Locks down and seals your substrate in amber clear and non-opaque, off-white. 100% solids, zero VOC, and will not shrink or entrap solvent upon curing. When used on concrete, E-Bond mitigates outgassing and improves adhesion of subsequent coatings.
Carboline Coatings, Linings and Fireproofing
- Reactamine 760 Series High Build Polyureas and Hybrid Urethanes – This fast, cold temperature-curing liner features excellent barrier properties, with low permeability in a single-coat application of 60 to 125 mils. Creates a true monolithic film on steel and concrete, bridging normal concrete shrinkage cracks, while encapsulating steel rivets, bolts, and edges in one coat. Provides outstanding abrasion, impact and tear resistance.
- Hydroplate linings provide superior protection while adhering to the most stringent requirements outlined in multiple AWWA standards and the NSF/ANSI/CAN 61- NSF/ANSI/CAN 600 standard that significantly reduces the allowable amounts of certain extractable solvents. Hydroplate potable water linings provide lower overall VOCs than many previous-generation linings, all while offering an extremely durable and sustainable option for extending asset service life.
Contact us today to help you plan, from bid language to service restoration, your next structural rehabilitation project. We’re your one-stop solutions provider for structural remediation, surface corrosion protection, or both.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Confidence. Our favorite jobs are the ones no one else wants, because we believe in the effectiveness of our products and the skill of our applicators. The bigger the challenge, the more passionate we are to surmount it…because we know we can. If you’ve been told your only option is remove-and-replace, call us before you start digging. If it’s possible to save your structure, we’re the ones who can do it…and trenchless is a beautiful thing.
- Credibility. One single, powerful word. And we’re not afraid to use it. We do what say we’re going to do. A lot of companies use that phrase, but very few can truly back it up. If we say we’ll show up on site at a certain date and time, we will. If we say the job will be finished, unless something truly unexpected and significant occurs beyond our power to change it, it will be.
- Consultation. We don’t come in and try to overlay our preconceptions on your project. We really listen, respecting your knowledge of and experience with your own assets, and taking your ideas seriously. We work with you, as a full partner in your rehabilitation solution. Our crews don’t arrive until you’re fully comfortable with the planned process.
We work closely with engineers, contractors, municipalities and facilities maintenance personnel to evaluate, design and implement projects requiring lining system installation. We won’t shoehorn you into some ready-made application because it’s easy for us. Your project will always receive detailed attention to its proper parameters, with the application designed specifically for those requirements.