ESS PRODUCT AND PROCESS FAQ
What is structural rehabilitation versus corrosion protection?
- Structural rehabilitation involves an asset that is either partially or fully deteriorated from H2S corrosion, hydrostatic loading, or both. This type of rehabilitation requires a technology than can act as a standalone solution, i.e., not relying on the underlying structure to maintain its own structural integrity. True structural rehabilitation provides both structural integrity and corrosion protection.
- Corrosion protection is just what it sounds like it is. The process involves either proactively protecting new assets, or revitalizing assets that remain structurally sound but have experienced some surface deterioration.
- Detailed specifications matter. There are certain projects involving multiple assets, in which some structures require a structural solution, and others only need a protective corrosion barrier. In such cases, we highly recommend that the project specification be broken out into structural and corrosion protection sections. This ensures that proper solutions are proposed to the asset owner, saving money and time when only truly needed solutions are applied.
How does the cost of structural rehabilitation compare to traditional remove-and-replace solutions to failing infrastructure?
Can your Spraywall product stand up to H2S, and can it stop I/I issues?
How fast can you return our asset to service after completing structural lining?
If we hire you to rehab our manhole verticals, can you also take care of the troughs while you’re on site?
Your product and service is not usually competitively priced with the rest of our bidders. Why should we use you, and how can we justify that as good budget stewardship?
- Product Performance And Longevity
- Lack Of Surface Disruption
- Uncommonly Quick Asset Return-To-Service.
If bid language is a hanging point, we can help design your bid language to allow for advanced engineered spray technologies like those we use.
Why is your solution so expensive, compared to the more traditional dig-and-replace, or other trenchless infrastructure rehabilitation solutions?
Also, when you contract for our services, you’re not just getting some yahoo off the street in a Tyvek suit; you’re getting highly trained, manufacturer-certified installers who understand the importance of proper surface preparation, the chemistry of our lining materials, and the best way to apply them.
At the management level, you’re guided from the inspection, planning and design stages through final application and return to service by veteran engineers who consult with all stakeholders every step of the way. Under their guidance, you never have to worry about making missteps that cost time, money and credibility.
Best of all, we’re reliable. Our crews show up when we say they will, and barring things beyond our control (such as hurricanes), we finish our work when you expect us to, because we’re well-staffed enough to keep our word. This all adds up to peace of mind, knowing you’ve chosen wisely for the preservation of your existing assets, and protection of the present and future of your infrastructure.
A CALL BACK
Make the call to ESS and let's have a conversation!